Surface Preparation - "Rubberising"
Some surfces may require additional protection or "rubberising". In this instance we reccomend Ultra-SuperSeal
For optimal results in creating a "rubberising" surface in ute liners, trailers, caravans, farm implements, etc. state, please follow the instructions below for preparation and application. Links to the products utilised in this guide are listed below.
- Remove all fittings, roll bars etc.
- Wash down with general purpose cleaner or Ultra-Clean to remove all fat and oil deposits
- Rinse with clean water
- Roughen entire surface to be "rubberised" for better adhesion
- Remove all loose and flaking rust and paint. Do not use a rust remover
- Mask areas not to be "rubberised"
- Apply 1 coat Ultra-BondFirst or if rusted areas are present, substitute with Ultra-MetalPrimer
- Apply Ultra-SuperSeal by spray or brush
- Allow for 2 coats on sides and minimum of 3 coats on floor depending on the resistance required
- Apply a final coat of Ultra-Coat colour of choice over the Ultra-SuperSeal
- Remove masking tape immediately
- Allow to touch dry between coats
- "Rubberising" takes approximately 8 days to fully cure
- Products that can be used